About the Role
Erving's Drug Screening of Illinois is seeking a Drug and Alcohol Technician/Collector for a part-time or full-time position, supporting various employers who require pre-employment, post-accident, and random drug and breathe alcohol screening.
This position may require observing donors providing specimen collection.
The primary location for this position will be in the Chicagoland area and work hours will vary seven days a week.
This position is responsible for completing drug and alcohol collections in accordance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) and non-DOT industry standards as well as evidential breath alcohol testing requirements. These tests will require the collection of bodily fluids and specimens such as urine, hair, and/or saliva.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision; ensure protection and confidentiality of personal and healthcare data collected; provide exceptional customer service with a positive attitude and demeanor to all employers and employees being tested; and maintain, at least, a 98% Quality Assurance (QA) rate for all tests performed.
The ideal candidate will have the flexibility to work various hours, which will be scheduled in advance, to meet the needs of the employer. Candidates may also be required to respond to onsite, within 1.5 hours of receiving requests for post-accident testing.
Required Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent, 2 years of customer experience and strong written and oral communication skills. Command a professional and authoritative presence. Able to travel to other locations if needed, have a dependable vehicle and access to a laptop or desktop with printer (we may provide you with a laptop and printer).
Job Type: Part-time, Full time, and Seasonal
Salary: Up to $20.00 per hour (Pay depends on qualifications/prior experience)
Work Location: Chicago, IL
• Bilingual (English and Spanish)
• Knowledge of DOT and Non-DOT testing regulations
• Knowledge of evidential breath alcohol testing
• Experience in healthcare laboratory, outpatient clinic, or urgent care
Specification and details:
• Perform Drug and Evidential Breath and Alcohol Testing
• Master all DOT and Non-DOT testing regulations and standards
• Correctly complete all specimen and breathe alcohol collection
• Dependable and punctual
• Be willing to stop and call for guidance or information if there are any issues
• Ensure specimens are transferred to FedEx within 24 hours of completing the collection.
• Paperwork must be legible and submitted via email and / or hand delivered to the office within 24 hours.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Solid organizational skills
• Customer service skills
• Basic computing skills
• Good verbal and nonverbal communication
• Ability to work independently
• Responsible for maintaining and updating certification
• Responsible for maintaining equipment and supplies
About the Company
We believe that everybody deserves easy access to a reliable screening service. We are committed to providing a quality, convenient, and an affordable screening option, regardless of why an individual is visiting Erving's Drug Screening.
At EDS, we aspire to not only own the screening market, but overall screening by winning our customers’ trust, admiration, and preference over the status quo. Our customers are people – not numbers.
Our purpose at every Erving's Drug Screening location is to provide each customer with extraordinary service. By taking a more personal approach in providing our service, we ensure we exceed every customer expectation, and we approach our customers empathetically.